One of Nicola Law Group’s lawyers will attend Canada’s largest criminal law conference July 9 to 13 in St. John’s, Newfoundland.
Brad Smith is off to The Rock for a packed criminal law program featuring Canada’s finest judges, Crown prosecutors and defence counsel. Brad attended last year’s conference in Vancouver.
“This program allows me, as a criminal defence lawyer, to remain on the cutting edge of emerging criminal law and evidence issues in Canada. That helps me help my clients,” says Brad.
Evidence, Ethics, and the Administration of Justice
The program covers a lot in these three topics. Some highlights are:
- Wiretap evidence issues
- After-the-fact-conduct in evidence
- Lay witness opinion evidence
- Getting and using third party records
- Evidence in bail hearings
- Sexual assault prosecutions
- Social media and its impact on prosecutions
- Ethics: civility in the courtroom